Effective as of 25 May 2018.
Please carefully read these terms and conditions before accessing this Internet site. By accessing Wärtsilä Corporation's (hereinafter referred to as Wärtsilä) World Wide Web pages you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- the contents of these pages (including but not limited to text, images and audiovisual elements) are the copyright of Wärtsilä. All rights reserved. The reproduction, transfer, distribution or storage of part or all of the contents in any form without the prior written permission of Wärtsilä is prohibited except in accordance with the following terms.
Wärtsilä grants you the authorization to store on your computer or to print copies of extracts from these pages for your personal use only. The contents of Wärtsilä's pages may be used for information purposes only and in such a manner that does not harm the reputation of Wärtsilä. Information provided on this site may not be modified without the express written permission of Wärtsilä. Individual documents contained in our pages may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents.
The Wärtsilä logotype, the corporate symbol therein and the name of its subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as the brand names, product names and the trademarks of Wärtsilä, its subsidiaries and affiliates are the property of Wärtsilä and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
The contents of Wärtsilä's pages are provided "as is" and "as available". Except as required by applicable law no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, is made in relation to the correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise of the content of these pages. Wärtsilä does not warrant that its pages or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Any Wärtsilä documentation may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes and additions may be made by Wärtsilä to any information contained herein. Wärtsilä reserves the right to revise the pages or withdraw access to them at any time.
Wärtsilä will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any damages, including but not limited to direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, secondary, special, or punitive damages, losses or expenses or loss of profits related to your accessing Wärtsilä's pages or any site linked thereto, or the inability to use the contents of these pages, or use or attempted use of information contained therein or related to any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if Wärtsilä or its representatives are advised of such damages, losses or expenses. The liability of Wärtsilä would in such case be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Wärtsilä assumes no responsibility for material owned, created or published by third parties that Wärtsilä's pages contain a link to. By linking to such third-party site, you shall review and agree to that site's rules of use before using such site. A link to a non-Wärtsilä site does not imply that Wärtsilä endorses the site and the products or services referenced in such third-party site.
When submitting material to us, e.g. by e-mail or through our pages, you agree to the following terms:
(1) You make the material available knowing that we may publish it;
(2) You warrant that the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication;
(3) You will make reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material;
(4) You agree to indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit;
(5) You agree not to take action against us in respect of said material; and
(6) You own the material or have unlimited right to provide it to us and Wärtsilä may publish the material and/or incorporate it, or any concepts described in it, in our products without accountability or liability of compensation.
Privacy Notice for Wärtsilä websites and internet services
Effective as of 25 May 2018.
We care about your privacy
Wärtsilä Corporation, including its affiliates, is committed to respect Your privacy and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how Wärtsilä Corporation and its authorised partners and affiliates ("Wärtsilä", “We” or “Us”) process Your personal data related to Wärtsilä’s websites and internet services ("Websites").
“Personal data” means any information that can be directly or indirectly used to identify You or another individual. Wärtsilä processes Your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and other applicable personal data legislation.
In the following, We provide information on the kinds of data We collect on these Websites and the purposes for which We use such data.
Collected personal data
Data provided by You:
In connection with registration to our services, contact inquiries or subscriptions or other such relationship, We collect personal data that You have provided to us at the time of the operation with Wärtsilä, including e.g.:
- Contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, city of residenceand country of origin)
- User name in relation to online services
- Possible feedback and inquiry messages provided by You
- Any other information that may be provided by You
If You use Wärtsilä Online Services, You may also use the Live Chat Agent for direct communication between Us and You, and the conversation history is stored to be able to serve You in the best possible way.
Observed data about Your online usage:
When visiting Wärtsilä’s Websites, observed data about Your online usage is collected. The data includes e.g.:
- Data collected using cookies and other similar technologies, such as the pages browsed by the user, the sites the user accessed Wärtsilä’s websites from, the device model, individual device and/or cookie identifier, the channel through which the service is accessed (web browser, mobile browser, application), browser version, IP address, session identifier, session time and duration, geographical location data, date and time, screen resolution and operating system.
Purpose of processing
The purpose of processing Your personal data is to
- Ensure an efficient and secure use of Our Websites and services
- Develop Our Websites for a better quality and broader scope of services
- Provide customized services and content recognizing your specific needs and interests
- Enable access to Your user accounts
- Communication between Us and You and reply to Your contact requests, inquiries and feedback
- Provide marketing information for Wärtsilä products or services via targeted e-mails or interpersonal communication
- Conduct research and collect statistics (e.g. what sections of Our Websites the users visit and how much time they spend on the Websites)
Information related to job applications is submitted and saved separately in the Careers site and system. More information can be found in the relevant site.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing Your personal data is
- Performance of a contractual relationship between You and Us (e.g. contacting You in relation to subscriptions and registrations and sending newsletters based on Your subscription)
- Legitimate Interest of Wärtsilä (e.g. observing Your website usage in order to ensure an efficient and secure use of Our websites, to develop our services, to provide customised content to make Our services more relevant to You, to provide marketing material and to collect statistics)
- Your consent
- Your consent will be asked in relation to using website cookies. You will find additional information on how cookies are used in the Cookie Notice.
- If You are not a business contact person, Your consent will be asked before providing any e-mail marketing material to You.
Sources of personal data
Your personal data is either collected from You at the time of registration, contact inquiry or subscription etc. We may also access personal data that You have provided to Wärtsilä by other means, e.g. through Our Online Services customer portal, since Our online systems may be connected to each other.
Furthermore, Your personal data may be received from online technologies, such as cookies, in order to apply filtering, observe usage and develop Our websites and services.
You will find additional information on how cookies are used in the Cookie Notice.
Storing personal data
We handle Your personal data that You have provided to Us (such as profile and contact details) separately from observed data about online service use and derived data, typically in separate databases. Observed or derived data about service usage is always stored using identifiers that are typically randomly generated and thus users cannot be personally identified from the identifiers.
Your personal data is stored as long as necessary in relation to the purposes for which the personal data was collected, unless there is a legal obligation to retain the personal data longer (e.g. in case of an ongoing legal proceeding).
Disclosure and transfer of personal data
All Wärtsilä group companies may handle Your personal data only according to the defined purposes of processing.
Moreover, processing of personal data may be outsourced to Our suppliers, consultants and other service providers to enable the performance of services for Us. Furthermore, personal data can be disclosed to third parties in the following situations:
- We may disclose to our advertisers segment data about observed users for the purpose of targeting advertisements. Advertisers shall not combine this data to an identified user’s personal data without the user’s consent
- We may also disclose personal data to authorities or to other parties based if required to do so by law
- Data may be transferred to third parties for scientific or historical research purpose, provided that the information has been anonymized so that the data subject can no longer be identified
- In the case of mergers, acquisitions, or other kinds of re-arrangements of our business operations, personal data may be transferred to buyers and their advisors
- In accordance with the service specific descriptions of personal data files information may be disclosed for direct marketing purposes, as well as opinion polls and market research studies and other similar studies in accordance with applicable personal data provisions
In some cases, the recipients of personal data may be located outside of EU/EEA, in which case We will ensure that sufficient level of data protection is maintained through appropriate safety measures, e.g. by using EU commission’s standard contractual model clauses.
Wärtsilä is committed to providing You choices and control over data processing. In this section we list different ways of influencing data collection and processing.
Right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, to object and to data portability
You have the right to check what kind of personal data has been collected about You. Upon Your request we will modify, remove or supplement any incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated personal data. You may also have a right to restrict the processing of Your personal data or when the processing is based on Our legitimate interests, to object the processing on grounds relating to Your particular situation. If Your personal data is being processed automatically based on Your consent or in connection with a contract between You and Us, You may request Your personal data to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and Your personal data to be transferred to another data controller, when technically feasible.
Right to withdraw consent
If the processing of Your personal data is based on Your consent, You have the right to withdraw Your consent to such processing at any time.
Opt-out from direct marketing
You have the right to prevent Your information from being used for direct sales or marketing purposes, and for electronic direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out from receiving marketing material by using the contact details provided below, or in the event of e-mail marketing, directly from the e-mail material.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority in relation to Our processing of Your personal data.
The applicable Privacy Notice related to processing of Your personal data depend on the data subject category to which You belong to.
If You are a person providing Your personal data for e.g. purposes of inquiring about Wärtsilä products or subscribing to Wärtsilä newsletters, please see Wärtsilä’s Customers Privacy Notice.
If You are a supplier or looking to do some other co-operation with Wärtsilä and providing Your personal data for these purposes, please see Wärtsilä’s Suppliers, Business Partners and Interest Groups Privacy Notice.
If You are seeking a job in Wärtsilä, please see Wärtsilä’s Job Applicants Privacy Notice.
In some cases, Wärtsilä has a legal obligation to process Your personal data. You can find some of the reasons related to such processing in Wärtsilä’s Statutory Privacy Notice.
Updating the Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice as We regularly need to develop Our business processes, related policies, and follow up the changing personal data legislation. We encourage You to review this Privacy Notice from time to time for any amendments.
If You have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or the use of Your personal data in Wärtsilä, please contact Us at:
Effective as of 25 May 2018.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites and services which serve third-party cookies outside Our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. You should review any privacy policies, services and applications found on such websites to understand how Your information may be collected and used.
Below You will find a more detailed description of the various cookies Our Websites use.
Our Websites use marketing automation software from Salesforce, which use both first-party and third-party cookies to track website use.
When a user visits Our Websites, the cookie stores traffic data linked to the unique ID of the cookie in the browser. If the user identifies himself by volunteering personal data, e.g. by filling in a contact form or clicking on links in an e-mail sent by Us, the cookie’s unique user ID is linked to the personal data volunteered by the user.
This enables Us to supply a more personalised experience on its Websites and in communications with customers and users of the Websites.
More details of the cookies can be found at https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=pardot_basics_cookies.htm&type=5.
If You have a professional relationship with Us or have given Your consent to receive marketing messages from Us, we may use Your e-mail address to send You electronic marketing information. You can opt out of being contacted via e-mail using the unsubscribe function in e-mails sent by Us.
Our Websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., where Data is collected by cookies about Your use of Our Websites (including your IP address). This information will be transmitted to and stored by Google on behalf of Us.
Other third-party services
Our Websites may contain links to other websites and “share” buttons (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube) that are not operating on Our behalf. Such websites, services or application providers may place their own third-party cookies on users’ computers, collect data, or solicit personal information.
Issuers of such third-party cookies have their own strict privacy policies. You should refer to any privacy policies from such websites, service or application providers to better understand how Your information may be collected and used.
How do I disable cookies?
Please note that if You have consented to the usage of cookies, You can withdraw Your consent at any time by clearing Your browser’s data. Read more about clearing your browser’s data here.